Associate Producer, Outkick
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2023 10:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Outkick jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer, Outkick postings
Full Time Job
OutKick is looking for a talented, organized, and highly motivated Associate Producer with strong editorial judgment and a firm grasp of political news. As an Associate Producer, you will write, copy edit, and fact-check scripts, produce segments, produce packages, make graphics, and write banners under intense deadline pressure for the linear, digital, and streaming platforms. You will be responsible for managing the production around a range of topics from politics to culture.
In this role, you will be expected to pitch and execute on interesting angles that drive conversations. You will be asked to weigh in on the day of news while also working on longer-term projects. Must have a strong understanding of digital and streaming media and be able to integrate content across linear and digital platforms. You will also need to be extremely well-organized and willing to take care of all logistics for production and talent. This role also requires you to be a self-starter who will work both independently and collaboratively with strong talent who values teamwork and success.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce multiple segments that are element and banner intensive
• Write dynamic scripts
• Proofread and fact-check scripts for accuracy
• Pitch and execute creative and innovative ideas for segments and guests
• Identify news, select video and sound bites, oversee editing, conduct interviews and write stories for television
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
• Field produce with the ability to shoot, write and edit packages for air
• Upload linear segments and digital shows across various platforms
• Book high-profile guests and produce guest segments including arranging their remote hits or travel
• Arrange occasional travel for talent
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5+ years of professional experience
• Thorough knowledge of breaking, political and cultural news
• Strong editorial judgment
• Ability to create compelling graphics for air
• Fast and accurate writing
• Ability to work under intense deadline pressure
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-70,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.