Associate Producer, News Edge
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/11/2023 5:45:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, News Edge jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer, News Edge postings
Full Time Job
Fox News Edge serves more than 170 newsrooms, providing content that is a cornerstone of local newscasts on FOX television stations across the country. Fox News Edge is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and writing skills to fill an Associate Producer position at our New York headquarters. The Associate Producer will pitch and write stories, and edit VOs and VOSOTSs for distribution and field requests from Fox News Edge client newsrooms. The Associate Producer can expect opportunities for occasional package producing and/or field producing. A natural curiosity about news is a must!
You will be offered the following shift:
Sunday - Thursday from 9:30 PM - 6:30 AM, ET (Off Friday/Saturday)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, log events, identify news developments, and write scripts
• Work closely with Fox affiliates to facilitate requests and answer questions on daily news stories
• Remain read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with Editors to make sure Fox News Edge delivers visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• Strong editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Strong writing skills with a focus on accuracy and proper grammar
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook
• Understanding of general media usage rules and best practices
• An unwavering commitment to providing editorially, visually, and grammatically sound news stories
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-70,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.