Associate Homepage & Social Media Editor
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for an Associate Homepage & Social Media Editor. Fox News is #1 in engagement on social media among our competitors. In this role you are responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app, as well as Fox News and Fox Business' social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. As an Associate Homepage & Social Media Editor, you will be engaged in news gathering and the creation of new, unique elements to illustrate stories. You will also select and choose story placements, and write compelling headlines. You're a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write engaging headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage and social media platforms
• Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
• Use homepage manager and social media content manager tools
• Headline, image test all placements on both homepages
• Coordinate, collaborate, and produce photo illustrations and montages
• Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Write breaking news banners and continually update breaking news headlines
• Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters
• Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2+ years of newsroom experience
• Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
• Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
• The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.