Associate Editor, Outkick
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/31/2022 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Editor, Outkick jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Associate Editor, Outkick postings
Full Time Job
OutKick Media is looking for an Associate Editor to join our OutKick.com team. You have previously worked on a desk or with a team of reporters and editors in a digital or print news or sports organization. You will work closely with the OutKick.com head of content as well as Senior Editors and be responsible for helping to shape editorial coverage by assigning stories, editing, and taking in pitches from reporters and OutKick.com talent. You have excellent copy-editing skills. You also understand the OutKick.com brand and ethos and are eager to deliver stories and angles that are original, unique, and authentic for the OutKick.com readers.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with the Outkick.com editorial team on stories and angles to leverage OutKick.com angles
• Know the news cycle to ensure OutKick is covering all pertinent news for our audience
• Support and Sr. Editors in the management and daily editorial of the site
• Copy-edit and fact-check stories before they publish
• Write & report when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 4 years of experience in news, TV, or digital
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Experience using content management systems
• A strong interest and knowledge in sports, pop culture, culture, and news
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required; possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Excellent news judgment
• A desire to beat the competition and win in every metric
• Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Google Analytics, etc.) to monitor and build traffic
Pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act, please find the compensation range specific to this role if based in Colorado, as well as a description of bonus and benefits generally: Colorado pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skill, experience, and geography: $54,000 - $72,000 annually. Employees in this role are also eligible for various benefits, including: medical/dental/vision benefits, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.