Associate Editor, News Desk
Fox• Usa Remote, US
This was removed by the employer on 3/8/2023 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Editor, News Desk jobs in • Usa Remote-US
Search all Associate Editor, News Desk postings
Full Time Job
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Editor to join our team leading breaking news coverage for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. As the Associate Editor, you will be responsible for directing editorial coverage by assigning stories, editing, and approving pitches across all verticals. Your team is responsible for covering a full range of breaking news from US/Crime, political, and business coverage. The Associate Editor is fluent in AP style, has the ability to bring copy to life, and understands our dynamic audience. You will be expected to turn sharp, fast stories, headlines, and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in news & political journalism.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work directly with Deputy Managing Editors and Editors on newsgathering for your team of editors and reporters
• Assign stories for day-to-day news coverage, as well as longterm planning when necessary
• Approve and reject pitches that touch all content verticals on the news desk
• Work quickly in breaking news situations to help our news team be fast and precise
• Write and report when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• At least 2 years of experience in news: digital or TV
• Prior experience with digital analytics (Chartbeat, Adobe Analytics etc.) to monitor, build traffic is required
• Experience using content management systems
• Knowledge of AP style, exceptional knowledge of current events & politics
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability/flexibility to possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• A self-starter with excellent news judgment for a digital audience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-74,500.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $49,500.00-62,000.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.