Associate Director, Production Safety
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assoc Director Production Safety
• Work with affected personnel and productions to implement and maintain employee injury prevention strategies and program(s).
• Participate in production / location tech scouts to evaluate EHS risks on all production related activity and prescribes the necessary preventative and/or corrective measures in coordination with department heads and/or event coordinators.
• Ensure that production cast and crew members are aware of hazards and the necessary EHS requirements, and are notified and trained accordingly.
• Assists the management team during incident investigations, concern reports, near misses and emergent issues.
• Attend productions meetings, review and breakdown scripts to identify risks and work with key production departments to remediate such risks
• Ensures that safety briefings, inspections and audits are completed on schedule, documented as required and tracked to closure according to goals and EHS program requirements.
• Supports the Industrial Hygiene program by assisting in the performance of field assessments (e.g. lead, mold asbestos) or coordinating third-party consultants, basic interpretation of data, complete necessary documentation, and share results with management.
• Responds to safety concerns reported to the Safety Hotline. Takes action to resolve client/customer service requests raised to the Department. Actively participates and supports department driven activities, events, safety committees, etc.
• Facilitates and maintains effective communication with productions regarding EHS program implementation, hazard identification, trends, and progress against goals. Communication mechanisms include generating routine reports, production meeting presentation, toolbox talks, safety postings, area walk and talks with department heads and other key personnel.
• Utilizes every interaction with others to educate and promote a culture of environmental, health & safety excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
20th Century Fox
One of the world's largest producers and distributors of motion pictures, 20th Century Fox Film (TCFF) produces, acquires and distributes motion pictures throughout the world. These motion pictures are produced or acquired by the following units of 20th Century Fox Film: Twentieth Century Fox, Fox 2000 Pictures, Fox Searchlight Pictures, Fox International Productions, and Twentieth Century Fox Animation. During fiscal 2017, TCFF placed 25 motion pictures in general release in the United States. The motion pictures produced and/or distributed by TCFF in the United States and international territories in fiscal 2017 included Hidden Figures, Logan, Jackie, and The Boss Baby. TCFF has released or currently plans to release approximately 23 motion pictures in the United States in fiscal 2018.