Assistant Editor & Media Resource Engineer
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Fox is seeking Assistant Editors & Media Resource Engineers (AE/MRE) with a passion for supporting the entire post production process. From receiving media assets to final distribution and archive, the AE/MRE has the technical mastery and knowledge to facilitate media workflows while working in a fast-paced environment. They will assist clients, editors, audio mixers, graphic artists, engineers and vendors in the creation of promotional material for Fox Broadcast and the FX Networks. They will provide quality service with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. Fox Networks Engineering & Operations (NE&O) is located at Fox Studios Pico lot.
Receive, organize and ingest assets for promotional content. Able to troubleshoot technical issues on various equipment and software. Monitor and send incoming/outgoing file transfers Allocate Avid ISIS workspaces for clients. Record and label on Blu-Ray/DVDs.
• Great communication skills in both verbal and written with management as well as clients
• Able to self-manage with an empowered mentality
• Ability to identify and troubleshoot operational issues in real time while thinking critically to find solutions and implement the corrective actions, including escalation when needed.
• Able to read work order instructions and follow procedures.
• Ability to adapt to ongoing changes in processes, priorities, tasks and workload.
• Experienced in networked & fiber attached storage
• Highly organized with the ability to work within a team.
• Ability to identify and trouble shoot software, hardware and media content workflow
• Thorough knowledge of media codecs, frame rates, wrappers, ingesting media content, and processing media workflows
• Software: Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premier CC, FCP, Resolve, Redcine X
• Asset Management Systems: Avid Interplay, Viz VME 01
• Storage: Avid ISIS, Stornext SAN, NAS (DMZ), AWS (Cloud Storage), Microsoft Azure, Cache LTO
• File Transfer Systems: Aspera, Signiant, Wire Drive, FTP, Dropbox/Fox on Box
• Transcoders/Standard Converters: Imagine Selenio Flex, Snell Alchemist, Colbalt, Digital Rapids, Radiant Grid/Linear Acoustic, Adobe Media Encoder, Rohde & Schwarz Venice System, Rhozet
• Automated Quality Control: Baton, Cerify
• Hardware: Mac and PC, Production Routers, Video I/O, Wave Form Monitors, Vector Scopes, Broadcast Monitors, Audio Phase Meters and Monitors, ISDN, Intercoms
• VTRs and Disk Recorders: D5, HDSR, HDCam, DBC, BSP, DVCPro, Blu Ray, DVD
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online