Assistant, Business & Legal Affairs
FoxLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FOX Entertainment is looking for an Assistant to provide administrative support to the Business and Legal Affairs department including, but not limited to, communications (i.e., coordinating busy phones, drafting correspondence, mail distribution), scheduling meetings and conference calls, submitting expenses, redlining documents, filing in computer database and use of deal management computer system.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support approximately four Business and Legal Affairs executives (phones, heavy scheduling, filing, expenses, etc.)
• Monitor, coordinate, and disseminate timely and confidential correspondence and information
• Organize and file documents and emails in iManage filing system
• Review agreements and input information into the deal management database, Rightsline
• Prepare documents for electronic signature
• Research backup for accurate payment of development invoices
• Help contract administrator process a high volume of invoices
• Meet paperless goals and increase productivity
• Communicate effectively and clearly between internal and external associates (other employees, vendors, agents, managers, and lawyers)
• Enable the most efficient functioning of departmental operations
• Provide backup assistance to all Business and Legal Affairs executives
• Additional special projects, as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree
• 2-3 years of experience as an assistant, preferably at an entertainment industry company or law firm
• Superior grammar, editing, and proofing skills
• Very computer literate, comfortable with all computing functions and applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Microsoft Office, Slack, Zoom
• Diplomacy, reliability, and initiative, ability to work within a team, strong organizational and follow-through skills, detail-oriented, ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials in a professional manner, must be able to independently prioritize work assignments, etc.
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Experience with Rightsline and/or iManage computer systems
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $25.00-25.00 per hour for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFOX Entertainment
FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.