FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2024 8:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assignment Editor postings
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, proactive, Freelance Assignment Editor to join our Assignment Desk at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for individuals with strong news judgment who will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. The Freelance Assignment Editor will work closely with field producers and line producers, as well as other Fox News units, to integrate coverage throughout all Fox News platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
• Communicate with officials and sources for editorial information
• Monitor both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
• Identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
• Source and clear new media material from various online sources, including social media sites and aggregator sites
• Find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A bachelor's degree and or relevant work experience 3-5 years of network or major media market newsgathering experience
• Strong editorial judgment
• A passion for current and breaking events
• Familiarity with iNews
• Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
• Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories, and coordination of field teams
• Someone who loves problem-solving
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and overnights
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $31.25-35.00 per hour. We provide Freelancers medical/dental/vision insurance and 401k after they meet eligibility criteria and any State required time-off, in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.