Assignment Editor, Fox Business Network
This was removed by the employer on 3/23/2023 1:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Assignment Editor, Fox Business Network jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Assignment Editor, Fox Business Network postings
Full Time Job
FOX Business is looking for an organized, motivated, curious individual with strong logistical and editorial skills to join our assignment desk team in the Washington DC Bureau. The Assignment Editor works with the FBN team to help plan daily news coverage, which includes pitching and prepping reporter assignments, adjusting to cover breaking news, and responding to cover a consistent flow of events at the Capitol, White House, Federal Reserve, Treasury, and other venues in DC. The Assignment Editor also prioritizes incoming editorial & logistical information, especially in the evenings and on Sundays, and ensures it is clearly communicated to those who need it. Aggressively seeking out additional information, monitoring breaking news, and pitching stories are critical to success in this position.
Anticipated Schedule: Monday to Friday, 12 PM -9 PM. Must be flexible with your schedule, willing to work multiple positions on the assignment desk, and willing to work weekends, as needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the FBN teams in DC and NY to help coordinate daily news coverage
• Pitch stories and work with reporter teams on drafting and updating compelling daily written story pitches for the network
• Monitor wires, social media, broadcast networks, and other sources for news, flagging the latest developments to the network and suggesting reporter coverage plans when necessary
• Work with producers in planning and adjusting pitches and coverage as news breaks
• Draft and distribute planning information to field, show, and network personnel
• Reach out to agencies, government departments, and FOX colleagues to gather and confirm information
• Assign, move, and adjust crew coverage to keep the network competitive at all times
• Coordinate with field, technical, and satellite desk personnel to make sure incoming feeds between DC and NY are prioritized to provide the most competitive coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
• A natural curiosity for news
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of business news as well as national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
• Understanding of how to gather news LIVE in the Washington, D.C. area and familiarity with satellite trucks, Live U technology, AVOC, and various fiber drops
• Knowledge of network pool operations at the desk level with an emphasis on understanding the unilateral benefit
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.