Administrative Assistant, Fox Weather
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/7/2023 12:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Administrative Assistant, Fox Weather jobs in New York-NY
Search all Administrative Assistant, Fox Weather postings
Full Time Job
FOX Weather is looking for a highly organized, motivated, and experienced Administrative Assistant to support the President of FOX Weather / COO of News and Operations for FOX Television Stations. This is a unique opportunity to work on a start-up team within a historic company!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Actively partner with the President to help her manage high-profile projects under deadline
• Stay on top of all outreach to the executive office, including phone calls, emails, and mail
• Handle sensitive information confidentially and professionally
• Manage a calendar of virtual and in-person meetings, updating promptly with changes
• Anticipate executive needs and take steps to ensure projects run seamlessly
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on concerns and conflicts as they arise
• Organize and maintain an up-to-date contact directory
• Organize calls and meetings, and ensure responsibilities are effectively communicated to those involved
• Handle all aspects of business travel and engagements, including booking transportation, creating itineraries, and processing expense reports
• Help produce and distribute various memos, letters, forms, and presentations
• Build and maintain filing and tracking systems to organize significant amounts of information
• Provide general support to executive office visitors
• Ensure the executive's office equipment is functioning properly, and coordinate any necessary maintenance or repairs
• Communicate professionally with all levels of management, both within the company and externally
• Help facilitate special events and executive presentations
• Support and pitch ideas to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of daily operations
• Manage inventory and distribution of company merchandise (hats, t-shirts, etc.) to appropriate parties
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally, in writing, and in person
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented, and capable of tracking multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Some familiarity with the media/communication industry's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Exemplary time management skills
• Skilled at both taking direction and working independently as needed
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Quick learner and active listener
• Flexibility to adjust work schedule to accommodate business needs / special events
• Positive ''Can Do'' approach to challenges
• Finally, a strong interest in weather isn't mandatory, but it definitely helps!
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.79-25.00 per hour for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.