Broadcast Audio Mixer / Technician
Fox TV StationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
include LIVE Audio Mixing.; operate audio board during live newscasts/shows, properly mixing various sources including anchor mics, audio from live remotes, animated opens and video clips; route the proper mix-minus audio submix to each IFB line; put live callers on the air; ensure that the correct audio mix is going out over air; pre show set up, mic assignments, IFB assignments. Maintain equipment and ensure all is in working order. Monitoring crew audio from field, ifb lines and mic checks before each live shot. Oversee the use of all audio devices in Studio (wired mics, wireless mics, IFB's ) studio re-battering mics and ifbs, equipment checks to insure proper operation prior to air. Ensure Back Up Audio Board is operation and working at all times.
• Must have thorough understanding and knowledge of broadcast TV Production , working in Studio/Control room
• Broadcast Mixer / A1 at Major Network for at least 10 years
• Experience mixing on various audio boards including CALREC board
• Knowledge of SONY AUTOMATIONS SYSTEM
• Must be familiar with iNews Computerized News Room system Audio Mixer Interface (Includes the operation of Slider Controls, Switches and Buttons numerous times during a show)
• iNews/AVID Interfaces (Includes Keyboard and Mouse controls)
• Backup manual operation of any of the above
• Must have clear verbal skills, requires promptness, reliability and a great attitude
• Must be flexible and able to work overtime, holidays and varied shifts and hours required.
This position may require the ability to lift 50 lbs, climb stairs/ladders, sit, kneel, stand, walk or squat for long periods of time.
• We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation's largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.