Ticker Copy Editor
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
FOX Sports Productions is seeking Ticker Copy Editor(s) on a part-time basis who will be responsible for writing and editing headlines and updating content for FS1, FS2 and FOX Broadcasting Company (FBC). Working with other Ticker Copy Editors, the employee will monitor both daily sports scores and news while conducting research to write Ticker headlines and game-related information that will appear on FS1, FS2 and FBC. We are seeking experienced Copy Editors with strong news judgment who can make decisions quickly, prioritize deadlines and are meticulous in their approach to work and fact checking.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Copy editing and headline writing under intense minute-by-minute deadline conditions
• Check all content for any potential legal issues, such as libelous statements or breach of copyright
• Ensure high-quality content, including headlines, text and research, are well-written, logically structured and grammatically correct with the proper style
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• BS/BA in Journalism, Communications, English or other related degree strongly preferred
• 2+ years of editorial experience required, preferably in the online or TV medium
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
• Critical thinking, good judgment and detail orientation are essential
• Must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required)
• Proven sports knowledge is required
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.