Summer Intern - Media Group Public Relations
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The FOX Sports Media Group is seeking qualified candidates to apply for a public relations internship for the summer of 2018 (required to complete 200 hours over that term). Based at FOX Sports - headquarters in Century City, Calif., the position collaborates with full-time members of the company's PR staff, contributing in a variety of roles across FOX Sports - dynamic portfolio of properties. Preferred skills include the ability to write and proofread with accuracy and attention to detail, understand/possess a working knowledge of all major sports, including but not limited to: baseball, college and pro football, golf, NASCAR, soccer and UFC, have an understanding of the modern media landscape including a familiarity with and attentiveness to social media, work efficiently under deadlines and comfortably interact with high-profile talent and production personnel.
Duties for the position include, but are not limited to:
• Writing and editing of department releases
• Story pitches/press outreach to promote FOX talent and programming
• Researching relevant information and writing talent/production bios
• Event planning & execution
• Attend live sporting events and provide staff coverage as point of contact for on-site media
• Evaluate and execute media requests for talent across various platforms including blogs, print, radio and television mediums
• Compilation of daily media clips and stories, organizing information and distributing across internal company channels
• Assist with daily maintenance and updates of department-operated media website
• Familiarity with our FOX Sports University and FOX Sports Supports platforms
• Communications and PR Majors Preferred
• Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, California for the duration of the period
• Previous work experience in an office environment preferred
• Previous internship experience preferred
• Interns must be available to work 20 hours per week for the duration of the internship for 10 weeks
• All internships are paid and do not require academic credit
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
• Housing is not provided, so please have a housing option guaranteed before applying.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.