Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/25/2019 5:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Engineer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer?
Full Time Job
FOX Sports is searching for a Software Engineer to join their team in Los Angeles. The position will report to the Director, Software Product Management and requires working closely with managers and stakeholders to understand requirements and develop solutions and workflows for on-air graphics. The Software Engineer will also work with peers to help establish and implement software development best practices for the group.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build, launch and support software applications, features and data services used to power on-air graphics
• Troubleshoot, identify and implement solutions for all software problems across the on-air graphics arena
• Collaborate with Management to comprehend what is required and deliver solutions
• Communicate technical information, workflows and designs to team members and Management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
• 5 years development experience in an agile environment
• Extensive experience with object-oriented architecture, design and patterns
• Experience in all aspects of the software development life cycle including the use of design patterns, test driven development, refactoring, code reviews
• Work effectively as part of a projects team, foster team cooperation
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
• Strong .NET framework, and C# knowledge and experience
• Broadcast experience preferred but not required
• Travel to FOX Charlotte facility and other events as needed
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.