Remote Production Support Engineer - Big Ten Network
Fox SportsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Big Ten Network is currently seeking a Remote Production Support Engineer responsible for supporting remote broadcast productions both on-site and in the Chicago facility. Under general supervision, this position is responsible for assisting in engineering support for our camera aggregation (HRP) productions and for maintenance of Chicago based and HRP truck-based equipment. Duties include connecting, quality control, troubleshooting and repairing all video, audio, data and communications feeds during our camera aggregation productions.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and repair equipment on production trucks
• Fill-in, support, and train remote truck driver/engineers
• Travel to and support projects at any of the Big Ten Schools or production site locations
• Execute and complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A minimum of 2-year technical degree plus a minimum of 3 years broadcast equipment repair experience in a television production environment
• Applicants must demonstrate a solid working knowledge of electronic and electrical systems Strong communications skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision are essential
• Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts including weekend and holidays
• Candidates will be expected to support the remote driver/engineers and assist in training new ones
• Must be able to troubleshoot audio consoles, production switchers, production support equipment, cameras, graphics systems, replay systems and intercom systems
• Be proficient in the use of broadcast related test equipment including, but not limited to, waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, etc.
• Must have competence in MS Office software applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio etc.)
• CAD experience a plus
• Ability to get a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) if needed
• This position will travel at least 70% of the time
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.