Production Engineer - Home Run Production
Fox SportsChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Production Engineer - Home Run Production (HRP) | FOX Careers
The Big Ten Network is currently seeking a Production Engineer to join their team in Chicago. The position is responsible for overseeing the engineering for the camera aggregation Home Run Production (HRP) shows. Duties include connecting, quality control, troubleshooting and repairing all broadcast television equipment including cameras, switchers, video servers and audio/graphics equipment during our camera aggregation (HRP) shows. Also, the incumbent will conduct routing and restorative maintenance of electronics and electrical systems.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Connecting, troubleshooting and repairing feeds during a camera aggregation (HRP) show
• Quality control of incoming audio and video feeds during the show
• Troubleshooting any problems that may occur in a timely manner
• Execute and complete projects as assigned with minimal supervision
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A minimum of a 2-year technical degree is required
• Qualified applicants require a minimum of 3 years of experience maintaining and repairing broadcast equipment
• Must demonstrate a solid working knowledge of electronic and electrical systems and knowledge of FCC rules
• Proficiency in the use of broadcast related test equipment including, but not limited to, waveform monitors, vector scopes, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, test signal generators, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot audio consoles, production switchers, production support equipment and other equipment in required
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work under minimal supervision are essential
• Candidates must have the ability to work flexible hours and shifts including weekends and holidays
• CAD experience a plus
• Networking experience desired
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced live production environment is necessary
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.