Paid Intern - Btn OnCampus
Fox SportsChicago, IL
Part Time Paid Internship
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is seeking two campus interns for each of the 14 Big Ten schools. Interns may work up to 10 hours during the week at select athletic events and in the community. Interns will be paid a rate of $14 per hour worked and will be responsible for submitting time cards to BTN each pay period for approval.
The internship responsibilities will take place during conference basketball play throughout the months of January through March. Interns may have a few other responsibilities during this time as other event-opportunities present themselves (at the discretion of the schools). Starting in January, interns will participate in a weekly call with BTN marketing team to discuss strategy and goals for the week. The interns will be a vital part of BTN's on-campus marketing efforts helping the network promote its programming and other initiatives.
Finally, BTN interns will be required to participate in the Think B1G program-where they will ideate and present marketing initiatives with the goal to further integrate BTN into their campus. They will be provided a manual that will walk them through the responsibilities and goals of this project.
Start Date: January 1, 2020
Finish Date: April 1, 2020
*Subject To Change
• Must attend a Big Ten University and live in that city through April 2020
• Currently enrolled undergraduate student, sophomore status or higher (no graduate students)
• Must be able to work a minimum of 6 hours per week, not exceeding 10 hours per week
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Strong interest in marketing, sports management and event planning
• Strong knowledge of Big Ten sports
• Strong on-campus social network, involved in extracurricular activity
• Familiarity with social networking: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Multi-task oriented with strong organizational skills
• Desired Major- Marketing, Sport Management, Journalism, Communications, or Business
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.