Manager, Production Operations
Fox SportsPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Do you know and love all aspects of production? Do you have your finger on the pulse of the internet? Are you a fan of multi-media sports content, from the written word, to video, to social media?
FOX Sports Digital is looking for a Manager, Production Operations to help support our existing video and technical operation, and to help innovate in the digital landscape. Reporting to the Sr. Director, Video Operations the Production Operations Manager would do everything from organizing remote broadcasts to researching and meeting potential new partners to participating in productions. The ideal candidate has a diverse background in production – shooting, editing, lighting, etc – but also the ability to project manage, and a work ethic that supports our 'round-the-clock style of sports coverage.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage remote production coverage across multiple sports & seasons, working closely with our content team, edit team, technical operations team, and social media team
• Coordinate with linear production/operations teams
• Ability to produce video content individually - including shooting, lighting, and audio recording
• Technical abilities may include directing live or taped programming, and technical producing live programs to social media platforms
• Design and build sets
• Identify efficiencies and opportunities with external partners and vendors
• Scheduling of feeds into our clipping software
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
• 5+ years of experience in production and/or operations
• Deep knowledge of cameras, lighting, editing, Adobe Photoshop, post-production
• A strong grasp of internet culture and trends including live streaming: cloud, RTMP, etc.
• Experience working with broadcast trucks preferred
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.