Fox SportsPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Do you love storytelling? Do you have your finger on the pulse of the internet? Are you a fan of multi-media content, from the written word, to video, to social media? FOX Sports Digital is looking for a Manager, Newsletter to help support our new, daily newsletter and take that product to the next level -- to create a newsletter that our fans want to open daily, to be entertained and informed, to be surprised and delighted, and to get a sense for what's happening in sports that day, perhaps with a tip to lay a great bet, or a great quote from an athlete for motivation.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Editorial, the newsletter manager would do everything from creative ideation to editing to social listening. The ideal candidate has a diverse background in creative editorial, storytelling, a strong handle on AP Style copywriting, experience with multimedia, and the work ethic to be available when stories happen as they happen.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help to curate the topics of the day, trending social posts, sports wagering opportunities, and more into a digestible, daily newsletter
• Work with our dedicated writer to form ideas, edit copy, and find perspectives that cut through amid the larger sports conversation
• Identify which sports events and discussions are most relevant for a general sports audience
• Use highly-engaging graphics and imagery to support the written content in the newsletter
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
• 2+ years of experience in editorial and/or social media management
• Deep knowledge of AP style and editorial best practices
• A strong grasp of internet culture and trends
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
• Familiarity with the emerging sports wagering landscape
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.