Fox SportsCharlotte, NC
Maintenance Engineer (Freelance) | FOX Careers
Under minimal supervision, The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for being the Engineer in Charge of studio and remote production shows. Working with studio production, post production and IT equipment in both on-air and off-air conditions. This professional should have strong verbal/written communication skills. They are responsible for documenting necessary changes to the production environment as well as documenting daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system. Engineers are required to install, configure and maintain all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• EIC Studio and HRP shows. Keep Production, Post-Production and Operations On the Air
• Troubleshoot issues with Broadcast systems (switchers, audio consoles, cameras, video processing equipment, intercom, multi-view monitors, audio/video routers, playback and ingest systems)
• Work with EIC group on workflows and making improvements to remote gear
• Maintain Broadcast IT & Network equipment and applications. (Windows, Mac OS, Linux servers/workstations)
• To keep Broadcast IT systems and workflows functioning properly
• Troubleshoot electronic hardware down to the component level
• Repairs should be expedited and downtime is minimized
• Install and upgrade broadcast hardware/software
• To have complete, functioning workflows for Production, Post Production and Operations
• Provide written/verbal reports or instructions to coworkers, management and clients
• The status of correcting or repairing an issue is communicated properly and timely
• Train fellow engineers and operators
• To maintain a flow of engineering, production, and operations information
• Knowledge of satellite and compression systems. Keeping work area clean and neat. Occasionally attending meetings. Filling and submitting P.O. requests
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• College degree in Engineering, Broadcast or IT preferred.
• Five years of experience as an engineer in live television or post-production environment.
• Professional level IT skillset to include a well-rounded knowledge of storage, networking, software, and operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux).
• Knowledge of broadcast video routing systems, signal distribution and processing, installation and repair.
• Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors, audio metering, network and cables analyzers.
• Knowledge of production systems including switchers, cameras, audio, multi-image displays, digital effects, graphics, editing.
• Sony and Ross switchers, Lawo, Calrec audio consoles and hydra network, Vizrt, Dalet, Adobe CC, Front Porch Digital DIVA archive, Aspera and Signiant products, RTS intercom, Evertz EQX,MVP,VIP with magnum control, DreamCatcher and EVS playback.
• Knowledge of satellite and compression systems (receivers, dish control systems, encoders, multiplexers, encryption and decryption equipment).
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of people including management, peers, operators, and vendors.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, Visio, and AutoCAD.
• Attention to details and organizational skills are critical. Keep a clean workspace.
• Ability to function in a dynamic environment and work independently.
• Be able to relate well in interpersonal situations and use diplomacy and tact.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.