Live / Stage Production Engineer
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Live / Stage Production Engineer - Nabet 53
The Live/Stage Production Engineer is responsible for the day to day maintenance of Live Production and post-production equipment in both on-air and off-air television environments supporting Fox Sports. This professional should have strong verbal/written communication skills and is responsible for documenting necessary changes to the production environment as well as reporting daily tasks in a ticketing/trouble logging system. Additionally, Engineers are required to perform emergency & preventative maintenance on all systems and to train fellow engineers or operators as needed.
This position will be filled as a Nabet 53 Union Representative. This position will also require an open flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Extensive knowledge of live production workflow dealing with production switchers, audio consoles, intercom systems, wireless audio, server-based playout, graphics generators
• Knowledge with Live Studio Automation Systems and Newsroom driven workflows
• Knowledge with Control Room Automation Systems
• Understanding an on-air Sports environment and has the ability to maintain & troubleshoot issues with advanced TV Studio Production equipment
• Has the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas
• Provide written & verbal reports or instructions to peers, management, and clients
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in an always changing fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Knowledge of SDVN
• Experience with Sony Switchers, Grass Valley Switchers, Studer Audio Consoles, Calrec Audio Consoles RTS intercom, Evertz Routing systems
• Setting up 1080p & 4K Production Workflows
• Five years' experience as a Maintenance Engineer in live television environment
• College degree in Engineering, Broadcast or IT is preferred
• Cisco Networking Certification coursework completed
• Professional level IT skillset to include a well-rounded networking, software, and Linux/Windows operating system knowledge base
• Experience with Mac and PC, possess skills related to file-based workflows, including knowledge of video codecs, audio codecs, transcoding, file movement, etc.
• Rudimentary knowledge of IP routing and switches a plus
• Identify signal parameters and troubleshoot issues using test equipment including waveform monitors, vector monitors and audio distortion analyzers
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports' digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform, Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports' portfolio are FOX's interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.