Fall Intern - Digital Content
Fox SportsLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
• Assist with production of written, video and social media content for digital platforms for FOX Sports West and Prime Ticket.
• Work with DCM and DCA in office setting.
• Using the program 'Snappy', clipping action from live games for tune-in purposes.
• Attend meetings and strategy sessions.
• Attend live sporting events to capture content with staff.
• Work with digital staff on content plans for upcoming coverage, events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of Word Press and other content management systems
• Understanding of social media and its importance in today's society. Experience creating and posting (on several platforms at once) with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube is a must.
• Solid knowledge of all sports, but most importantly, baseball, basketball, hockey and football.
• Knowledge of video production
• Understanding of sports trends … what's hot right now, how can we spin it to benefit our region?
• Must have sense of humor
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to be given direction and then take the task over and get the job done
To participate in Fox's Internship program you must meet the following criteria:
• Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited university and be sophomore status or above.
• Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship by the Company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1; FS2; Fox's 22 regional sports networks, their affiliated regional web sites and FSN national programming; FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as licensing agreements that establish the FOX Sports Radio Network.
Please submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications. Please apply online Website: Apply At Employer's Site