Fox SportsPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
Do you love storytelling? Are you a fan of written content, video, and the best of social media? FOX Sports Digital is looking for a Newsletter Editor to help support our newsletter offering and take that product to the next level.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Editorial, the Newsletter Editor will work directly with the newsletter writer, helping shape the choice of topics, the content, and more. The ideal candidate has a background in editorial, a strong handle on AP Style copywriting, and the work ethic to be available when stories happen as they happen.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help to curate the topics of the day, trending social posts, sports betting, and more into a digestible, daily newsletter
• Work with our dedicated writer to form ideas, edit copy, and find perspectives that cut through amid the larger sports conversation
• Use graphics and imagery to support the written content in the newsletter
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
• 2+ years of experience in editorial and/or social media
• Deep knowledge of AP style and editorial best practices
• A strong grasp of internet culture and trends
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a plus
• Familiarity with the emerging sports wagering landscape
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.