Editor / Graphics Designer
Fox SportsSouthfield, MI
Full Time Job
We are looking for an Editor/Graphics Designer for the Production/Digital departments at FOX Sports Detroit. The ideal candidate will be highly experienced with non-linear editing systems (preferably the AVID line of equipment) and have a strong creative vision with the ability to utilize existing sports content and graphic elements to consistently produce compelling and captivating content. Also, the incumbent must be self-motivated and organized with the ability to produce creative content and possess a ''team player'' attitude. The ability to multitask while meeting deadlines on time and under pressure is also key.
• Lead AVID editor for all networks linear and digital needs
• Design ''high end'' graphics for special projects for linear and digital platforms
• Develop, organize, and maintain a comprehensive media managing system for the network
• Work closely with Chief Engineer and Director of Operations to determine policies and procedures for all AVID systems
• Maintain informed view of industry trends and continue to develop skills in video composting utilizing After Effects and associated plug-in effects
• Highly experienced with non-linear editing systems (preferably the AVID line of equipment)
• Strong creative vision with the ability to utilize existing sports highlights and graphic elements to consistently produce compelling and captivating content
• In-depth knowledge of sports in the state of Michigan is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Sports Networks
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing 21st Century FOX's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing partnerships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Broadcasting Company; FS1, FS2; FOX Sports Regional Networks, their affiliated regional web sites and national programming; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes and FOX College Sports. In addition, FOX Sports also encompasses FOX Sports Digital, which includes FOXSports.com, FOX Sports GO, Whatifsports.com and Yardbarker.com. Also included in the Group are FOX's interests in joint-venture businesses Big Ten Network and BTN 2Go, as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.