Digital Content Specialist, NBA
Fox SportsPlaya Vista, CA
Are you obsessed with the NBA and passionate about social media? Would it be your dream job to help build, invent, and design the digital and social content for some of the biggest events in basketball? Then we want to hear from you.
From supporting the design process of the look and feel of our brand-new NBA digital properties, to executing our day-to-day social strategies, we are looking to add a Digital Content Specialist to our team. You will be responsible for assisting with the production of NBA-specific social content including graphics, video editing and ideation of each week's content – This is a chance to be in the trenches of NBA content creation each and every day! This role will leverage FOX's industry-leading FS1 studio shows to create original digital content and discussion around the Association. Other responsibilities could include, but are not limited to, story development, livestream and linear show production, talent prep and video shooting/directing. Additionally, you will utilize data to help advise programming priorities, plan content and report successes. Simply, you will play point guard for FOX Sports' NBA digital properties. Are you ready to join the team?
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the production of NBA social and digital content - includes, but is not limited to, graphic production, editing, story development, show production, talent prep and video shooting/directing
• Help create original live content and/or VOD, optimizing NBA content for social
• Help produce social, and digital video, images and audio in and around live events, for sport specific coverage, and with talent specific to that sport
• Utilize data to report successes and help create and execute weekly content plans
• Coordinate content – whether show, brand, talent, original video, etc. – across each screen – whether TV, web, app, livestream, social, etc.
• Assist in building and maintaining relationships across a variety of groups including sales, marketing, programming, digital, linear, studio and other show teams
• Bring the best NBA content from FS1 studio shows to the NBA social vertical
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
• 1+ years of experience in digital / social content creation or production
• Knowledge on what works on digital, and experience working with social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, owned and operated platforms
• Must be able to communicate effectively with talent, athletes, team managers, event staff, outside producers and all other persons involved with productions
• Must be an experienced in Photoshop and Premiere. After Effects is a big plus
• Ability to create and ideate digital content with tight deadlines
• Critical thinking required around newsworthiness, need for source checking, and identification of risks in sharing certain information
• Ability to work nights and weekends, whenever the NBA is on the air
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation's wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.