Associate Producer - Big Ten Network
Fox SportsChicago, IL
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2019 2:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Sports Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer - Big Ten Network jobs in Chicago-IL
Search all Associate Producer - Big Ten Network postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Producer - Big Ten Network? Do you have 4-6 years' experience in television production? Are you detailed-oriented, and excel under pressure? If so, the Big Ten Network (BTN) could be looking for you!
We are seeking an Associate Producer to join our team in Chicago. You'll create and produce elements for Studio Production's linear and digital projects. Included are graphics, highlights, VO/SOT's, montages, vignettes, features, teases and bumps. As an integral member of our team, you'll participate in show and planning meetings and submit ideas for content. In addition, you'll field produce, communicate with Production Assistants, anchors, Pilots and Graphics Producers regarding show requirements. If you have an overall knowledge of sports and a focused knowledge base of Big Ten schools and storylines, we could be looking for you!
As our Associate Producer, you are required to have an open flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the producer by editing and creating elements for all studio shows, including graphics, highlights, VO/SOT's, montages, vignettes, features, teases, bumps, etc.
• Communicate with fellow AP's and PA's, anchors, Pilots and Graphic Designers regarding show requirements
• Meeting participation and idea generation for all Studio Production projects
• Field producing including remote truck settings, remote show field coordination and feature production
• Accurately write and prepare highlight shot sheets for anchor and analysts reads
• Consistently and accurately enter production cues for elements created including last shot changes, outs and freezes
• Accurately detail windows for VIZ font inserts for assigned elements by ''event timing'' in our automated production system
• Assist with Studio show line-production; based on skill sets and expertise, all of our AP's have experience formatting rundowns and producing shows within INews
• Generate ideas for and execute creation of elements for BTN's digital platforms including BTN.com and Network Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Radio/TV/Film is preferred
• 4-6 years experience in television production, including linear and non-linear editing is also preferred
• Good writing and communication skills are required
• Basic math skills are required to properly calculate show timings
• The ability to make sound, informed judgments regarding show production requirements is necessary
• Good organizational and project management skills are required
• An overall knowledge of sports is needed, and a focused knowledge base of Big Ten schools and storylines is preferred
• Familiarity with studio production and production equipment is essential
• A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with team members and work under daily time pressure is required
• The ability to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends is necessary
• be able to drive a car
• Must be able to travel to cover sporting events/stories
• Regularly required to hear, talk, and use close vision
• This position requires work in the field at live sports venues, on location creating news/sports stories, and in the office This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.