Technical Production Manager
Fox News MediaWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Fox News Media is looking for a Technical Production Manager for the Washington DC Bureau. As the Technical Production Manager, you will manage relationships between production and operation internal groups to troubleshoot and address technical workflow challenges and implement timely and effective resolutions. As the Technical Production Manager, you possess strong organizational and time management skills. You have a broad understanding of all the key components of studio and control room environments and can make difficult decisions under tight time constraints.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide front-line control room support for all technical personnel
• Work alongside satellite operations, editorial/production staff, and other technical operations groups to solve production-related issues
• Coordinate studio crews and control room staff
• Schedule and handle production requests including the overall production budget
• Handle any requests including acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, and graphics processes
• Deliver the highest quality of service and maximum resource utilization
• Plan for both large- and small-scale remote site projects (i.e. elections, full shows on the road)
• Book crews, hotels, and travel arrangements
• Order/rent equipment
• Compile a list of technical gear needed, office space, talent requests, makeup, and anything else that production requires
• Travel to/from remote sites, work onsite and be the lead person for large- and small-scale events
• Work closely with producers and directors in planning programs and managing field, studio, and manpower scheduling
• Work closely with finance managers in preparation of show or facility budgets and expense reporting
• Provide front-line management of staff, facilities, equipment, and technology for a customer-driven production operations group supporting News and Business
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years' experience as a Technical Production Manager in a fast-paced environment
• Live control room experience
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends
• A broad understanding of all key components of studio and control room environments
• Comprehensive knowledge of the operation of control rooms and studio functions
• Strong organizational skills, good time management skills, and ability to make difficult decisions under time constraints
• Experience with iNews, AZ Edit, ScheduALL, and Microsoft Excel
• Availability to travel
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.