Fox News MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Reporter to join us at Fox News! As the Reporter, you will report and aggregate stories from a wide range of sources and cover breaking news. The Reporter's role is critical to helping FoxNews.com continue to be a must-click destination for morning commuters.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS AND TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM )
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email)
• Report on breaking news events that occur during the overnight hours, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for developing stories
• Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxNews.com's audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Present all stories, original, breaking and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent and compelling style.
• Fill in as needed to program the home page
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years' experience in news coverage
• Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
• Bachelor's degree
• Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com audience
• Ability to work on deadline and under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment is crucial
• Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.