Fox News MediaWashington, DC
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill a freelancer producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. The freelance producer will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics, and deliver compelling live shots and packages.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: Weekdays and Weekends - 6 am, 8 am, 9 am or 10:30 am shifts; Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to work on both weekdays and weekends.
Please note that this freelance role is a short-term assignment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, logs events, and identifies news developments
• Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Build graphics, chyrons, and lower thirds for story delivery
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in a local or national newsroom.
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• A self-starter who can work independently as well as be a team player
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and ScheduAll is a plus
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.