Fox News MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is seeking a Lifestyle Reporter to produce a high volume of content for FoxNews.com, sourced from social media platforms and online forums. As the Lifestyle Reporter, you will be tasked with closely following - and mining potential story pitches from - platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as online forums including Reddit, wedding blogs or parenting forums, among others. The Lifestyle Reporter would then be responsible for using these posts to turn around several short-form articles for any of several Lifestyle sections, including but not limited to Travel, Relationships, Style/Beauty, Parenting and Fitness/Wellbeing. This is not an on-air position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Lifestyle readers
• Produce several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts, photographs, or online forum posts from fashion brands, fitness models, travel bloggers, wedding parties, concerned parents, etc.
• Work efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish daily articles under strict deadlines
• Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
• Manage a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Lifestyle section
• Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
• Research, write and contribute articles to ongoing Features series
• Update the Lifestyle social media accounts
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years' experience
• Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
• The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Lifestyle verticals
• Background reporting and writing for Lifestyle verticals preferred
• Relevant writing experience for online publications, preferably in a newsroom setting
• Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
• Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
• Ability to work independently and efficiently during weekend shift
• Excellent communication skills
• You must be able to work flexible hours, likely at night, Tuesday through Saturday
• Position is in an open newsroom
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.