Fox News MediaNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Field Producer with great multi-tasking abilities. As a Field Producer you will cover major stories including breaking news, initiative stories and special live event projects. You have creative and ''out of the box'' thinking and a competitive edge. Your familiarity with covering breaking news in a competitive environment allows you to deliver a quality product in a fast paced 24-hour news environment!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch and develop original story ideas for cable
• Work on live special events
• Own the production process in the field, from pitching stories, writing of the script and supervising the edit process
• Coordinate all aspects of production of delegated assignments including booking, writing, graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years' experience as an reporter, writer, producer and/or editor at a news organization
• Extensive field production experience
• Strong writing skills, including proven ability to structure script segments of 8-minutes or more
• Extensive experience in edit room
• Production experience in breaking news, and feature reporting
• Ability to shoot video and edit
• Flexibility to work varied shifts (3-5 days/week)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.