FoxNew York, NY
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow, and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information, and we are looking for a Freelance Audio Operator/A1 to join our Fox News family.
This is a project-based role, and you must be flexible to work on multiple shows over varied hours and days.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare show audio requirements
• Operate equipment to integrate audio sources and create a full program mix for air
• Collaborate with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped, and automated programming under the supervision of Director and Operations management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Certification in Dante levels 1-3
• Extensive experience in mixing multiple audio elements in a fast-paced, remote-oriented, live news environment
• 3 to 5 years of related A1 experience in a live broadcast television environment
• Proficiency in building and executing effects and shows on the following consoles; Calrec Sigma & Artemis, & Yamaha QL5.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work well with audio assists, technical associates, directors, and producers
• Strong knowledge of audio patch bays, Hydra BSP, signal flow, Enco playout system, and the ability to troubleshoot during live production
• Ability to adapt to a 24-hour news organization/environment and flexibility with your work schedule
• Availability to travel for remotes if needed
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) is awesome, but not required
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.