Writer, Fox & Friends First
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a talented Freelance Writer to join Fox & Friends First. You are a storyteller. You use creative, compelling and conversational copy to pull viewers in. You know the difference between an attention-grabbing headline and burying the lead. You like to dig into details, find the most interesting part about a story and make it resonate with viewers across the country.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
• Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
• Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
• Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
• Be a true team player in a pool of talented writers
• Pitch story ideas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 4 years of major market experience
• Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
• Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy and history
• Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
• Ability to work weekends and overnights as needed
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.