Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Video Editor to join our Fox News family. As a Freelance Video Editor, you are part of a collaborative team effort to provide highly creative and technically sound content across multiple platforms for Fox News entities. You are a team player who is open to sharing creative and technical input to provide a cohesive look on all content. You will be challenged to think on your feet and deliver solutions to diverse requests in a fast paced News environment!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work on a variety of programs delivering distinctive and stylized work under demanding deadlines across both networks
• Display initiative and focus to remain as productive as possible when working either collaboratively or independently
• Serve as the 'last line of defense' on all audio/video requirements so no technical or editorial mistakes occur on air
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A passion for News and have demonstrated knowledge of current events
• 2 -5 years of experience in non-linear editing on Final Cut Pro 7; Strong working knowledge with Adobe Premiere Pro is required.
• Demonstrated News editorial judgment and broadcast experience a plus
• Ability to turn raw video into News packages and create broadcast quality pieces very quickly in a 24-hour breaking News environment
• A sharp eye for detail and can work seamlessly and quickly on non-linear editing platforms
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
• Knowledge of Sapphire/Boris plug-ins
• Creative, enthusiastic, solution oriented, team player who is flexible with their work schedule, including early mornings, evenings, weekends and overnights
• Include a link to your reel along with your resume
• Fox News is a 24/7 operation. Availability for both weekend and overnight shifts is highly recommended.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.