Technical Production Manager
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
We are looking for a Freelance Technical Production Manager to join our Fox News family. As the Technical Production Manager you will manage relationships between both Production's and Operation's internal group to troubleshoot and address technical workflow challenges and implement timely and effective resolutions. As the Technical Production Manager you possess strong organizational and time management skills. You have a broad understanding of all the key components of studio and control room environments and are able to make difficult decisions under tight time constraints.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide front-line control room support for all technical personnel and work alongside satellite operations, editorial/production staff and other technical operations groups to solve production related issues
• Coordinate studio crews and control room staff; scheduling and handling production requests including the overall production budget
• Must be well versed in the operations of all control rooms and studio functions to be able to handle any and all requests including acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, and graphics processes.
• Assist in planning for demo segments whether large or small –scale pertaining to shows your assigned or to assist other shows
• Work closely with producers and directors in planning programs and managing field, studio, and manpower scheduling to minimize costs to the customer and channel
• Provide front-line management of staff, facilities, equipment and technology for a customer driven production operations group supporting News and Business
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years' experience as a Technical Production Manager in a fast paced environment
• A broad understanding of all key components of studio and control room environments.
• You must understand acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, transmission and graphics processes to deliver quality of service and maximum resource utilization
• Strong organizational skills, good time management skills, able to make difficult decisions under time constraints
• Experience with iNews, AZ Edit, ScheduALL, and Microsoft Excel
• You must have the flexibility to work weekends, holidays, and overnights
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.