Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The SEO reporter is part writer, part strategist. You will write search-friendly stories and explainers on deadline for FoxNews.com while also collaborating with section editors to make sure all editorial content is surfacing on Google. The ideal candidate is a strong writer with excellent time management skills, capable of pivoting between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines.
You will be assigned the following shift: Sunday-Thursday, 11a-7p
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch, write and self-edit search-friendly stories and headlines on deadline across FoxNews.com verticals
• Monitor Google Trends, Google News, Google Search Console, Chartbeat, Crowdtangle and other tools to inform SEO-related decisions
• Participate in long-term planning and broader strategic discussions
• Track analytics to help develop and execute successful SEO strategies
• Collaborate with editors to identify SEO issues and offer solutions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Ability to write quickly on deadline across a variety of topics
• At least 2-3 years of experience at a news organization, preferably in a digital environment
• Prior experience with analytics tools, like Chartbeat and Omniture
• Prior experience writing search-friendly headlines and content
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; a positive, collaborative attitude
• Experience using Wordpress, Drupal or a comparable CMS
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.