Fox Business NetworkNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Senior Editor to be a part of a groundbreaking online news-team for FoxBusiness.com! As the Senior Editor, you pitch, assign, edit and occasionally write articles written by reporters, responding quickly and precisely to help Fox Business break news and cover developing events. You oversee a small team of reporters to ensure that the digital news desk produces content that is accurate, fresh and compelling.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), MONDAYS THRU FRIDAYS (6:00 AM-2:00 PM), TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS (1:00 PM-9:00 PM), or FRIDAYS THRU TUESDAYS (6:00 AM-2:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Assign and edit stories with speed and precision, conforming to AP style
• Assist senior editors to ensure that breaking news alerts are sent out quickly and developing stories are updated continuously and accurately
• Monitor wires, social media, and internal emails for breaking news and updates to developing stories
• Maintain and closely monitor web traffic on FoxBusiness.com
• Monitor Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
• Multitask on tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree
• Ability to write and edit quickly on deadline
• 5 years of Newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
• Experience with metrics platforms like Chartbeat and Omniture
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• Excellent knowledge of SEO and prior CMS experience
• A self-starter attitude with a strong news judgement
• A team player attitude paired with the will to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
• Ability to work in both breaking news and long-term planning deadlines a must, some holidays required
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business Network
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.