Satellite Desk Coordinator
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Satellite Desk is responsible for transmission scheduling for Fox News and Fox Business. As the Satellite Desk Coordinator you will book all the feeds to and from Fox Bureaus, affiliates and the major hubs in New York and Washington. The Satellite Desk also manages relationships with hundreds of studios and transmission providers around the world. The Satellite Desk mission is to move video quickly and cost effectively on behalf of our clients.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate studio bookings
• All Fox Bureau and vendor studio bookings are place by the Satellite Desk. Work with guest bookers to secure the most reliable and cost effective facilities
• Resource Management
• Manage all Fox News' transmission assets including fiber lines, leased satellite transponder capacity, uplinks, and downlinks. Work order management system ensures that contact information, routing details and costs are up to date
• Work with the Assignment Desk and Field Operations to secure and deploy resources whenever there is breaking news.
• Proactively secure resources in the field
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's Degree and 2 years Satellite Desk or Assignment Desk experience
• Basic knowledge of satellite, fiber, teleport and IP transport technologies
• Experience in broadcast or affiliate news services is a plus
• Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical and organizational skills
• The ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced and intense environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, overnights and weekends
• Motivated, self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize are a necessity
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.