Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for an experienced Reporter with a passion for business, money and politics and personal finance news for FOXBusiness.com. As the reporter, you are a strong writer who is able to work fast, accurately and collaboratively in a competitive news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor breaking news and track all major financial markets, compelling corporate news, business and economic trends
• Pitch/file several stories on a daily basis
• Monitor Fox Business Network programming for compelling newsmakers/segments
• File, produce and copy edit business stories
• Write clear, concise articles quickly and accurately
• Maintain and closely monitor web traffic
• Update the Fox News Insider homepage regularly
• Create a daily newsletter for a large audience
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Experience covering business news at a major website or national news network
• Must be self-starter with strong news judgment for digital audience
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
• Strong communication and writing skills especially for crisp, short stories and headlines
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Capability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays required
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings or weekends as required.
• Backup help managing homepage when needed
• Proven capability to be creative and think 'outside the box'
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.