Public Relations Assistant / Executive Assistant
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Public Relations Assistant to serve as the point person for the Senior Executive Vice President. You are responsible for all scheduling matters and administrative duties within the department.
Weekend and after-hours shifts are expected.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage phones and scheduling matters with the department, top level executives and outside clientele
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
• Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, executives and clientele
• Assist PR department with media monitoring and news coverage
• Interact with professional associates and all levels of management both internally and externally
• Handle all office administration duties, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, managing department calendars, etc.
• Prepare internal and external corporate documents for the department
• Maintain organizational systems for the department
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree is required
• At least 1-2 years of experience as an Executive Assistant, ideally in a media-related field
• Strong interest in media, politics and current events
• Professional demeanor and top notch writing skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Results-oriented capabilities and the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
• Excellent research skills
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Reliability and trustworthiness characteristics
• Ability to handle high levels of confidentiality
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends when the job requires
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.