Production Assistant, Radio
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Production Assistant, Fox News Radio
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Fox News Radio team. You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
Schedule varies depending on news; candidate must be able to work flexible shifts including overnights, weekends and holidays.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch story ideas for radio segments
• Edit audio clips in a fast- paced environment
• Work with editors
• Prepare studios for on-air talent
• Print scripts for shows
• Conduct interviews for radio segments
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Prior internship experience in radio, television or online journalism
• Understanding of the technical and editorial functions of radio and multi-media production
• Demonstrated knowledge of current events
• Basic knowledge of iNews, ENCO and Adobe Audition is a plus
• Good communication stills and a positive attitude
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.