Production Assistant, Media Desk
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/7/2019 7:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant, Media Desk jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant, Media Desk postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Production Assistant, Media Desk? JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a talented production assistant to join our Media Desk . You will be a self- starter with stellar communication skills. You have a positive attitude and you are highly organized. You will be able to perform well under the pressure of a live news environment. You are eager to advance within the company and you are a quick learner.
*Please note there is an opportunity for this role to lead into a full-time staff position with company benefits.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Attach editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video
• Provide shot-by-shot logs for video specifically selected for permanent archive.
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system.
• Transcribe important speeches as it pertains to breaking news situations.
• Monitor quality control standards with correct video and levels
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or Communications is preferred
• Knowledge of iNews and Ardome is a plus
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Experience with multi-tasking several projects
• Excellent editorial judgment
• Ability to work flexible shifts including weekends and holidays This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.