Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 3/12/2020 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to join the team as a Freelance Producer in our Washington D.C Bureau from now – November 2020 (with possible extension). As the Freelance Producer, you will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtaining information, writing scripts, building graphics and delivering compelling live shots and packages.
You will be offered the following shifts: WEEKDAYS AND WEEKENDS (8:00 AM-5:00 PM or 10:00 AM-7:00 PM
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Find elements, logs events, and identifies news developments.
• Remain read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories.
• Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments.
• Build graphics, chyrons and lower thirds for story delivery.
• Pitch story ideas
• Work with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in a local or national newsroom.
• Experience with producing news live shots and packages.
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics.
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies.
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news.
• Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and ScheduAll a plus. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.