Producer, News Edge
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
Fox News is looking for an aggressive and eager Freelance Field and Package Producer to join our Fox News Edge team in Washington, D.C.
The News Edge producer is responsible for creating and overseeing the production of news content for distribution to 170 News Edge customers. In this role, you will assist with live shots in the field and bureau, write and produce packages, log news events, identify newsworthy sound and visual elements.
We are looking for a pro-active, passionate and self-motivated individual will work with reporters, covering the main stories of the day. This position requires travel on a moment's notice when news breaks.
Shift: Monday - Friday 7:30am-4:30pm or 2pm-11pm; various shifts during breaking news, (November 5th - January 14th - Possible extension)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist reporters in gathering video and select sound bites for use on air
• Traffic live shots and produce packages
• Work with DC and NY based shows to gather elements for interviews, reporters and panel segments as well as create accurate on screen graphics
• Listen to and log news events with a strong sense of editorial judgment to alert the network of newsworthy sound bites and video
• Work with reporters and other producers to set up and advance stories to air on local affiliates across the country
• Package produce – pitch stories, write and produce compelling packages and news items
• Oversee production of news content for affiliate newscasts, digital and social properties
• Copy edit scripts and screen video content prior to distribution
• Pitch, find and produce news items for daily blocks/rundowns
• Produce with teams in the field as needed
• Pitch stories and develop original content for television and digital that approach stories from unique angles
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Solid news judgment
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast paced environment on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
• Ability to work late nights and weekends
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to work with others under strict deadlines
• Writing and producing experience at a legitimate news organization
• Strong knowledge of current events
• Willingness to work flexible hours e.g. overnight, late night & weekends
• Local news affiliate experience
• Customer service experience
• Bachelor's degree (preferably in related field)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.