Overnight Breaking/ Trending News Editor, NY Or LA
Fox News ChannelLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The overnight breaking/trending news editor responds to developing stories in real-time, striving to be first on major breaking news across all FoxNews.com verticals. S/he works quickly under pressure and on deadline, and feels comfortable multi-tasking during breaking news events. When s/he isn't tackling breaking news, the overnight breaking/trending news editor seeks out and writes stories that are likely to go viral.
You may be assigned the following shift: Sunday-Thursday, 10:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m. Eastern Time or Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30 p.m.-6:30 a.m. Eastern Time -
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write and self-edit breaking news stories quickly and efficiently
• Pitch, write and self-edit trending news stories
• Send Fox News app and Apple News alerts as well as breaking newsletters
• Monitor Dataminr, wires, social media and internal emails for breaking news and updates to developing stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Ability to write quickly on deadline
• 3-5 years of newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
• Experience with metrics platforms like Chartbeat and Omniture
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; a positive, collaborative attitude
• Excellent knowledge of SEO
• Prior CMS experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOXNews.com and the soon to launch OTT platform, FOX Nation. FOX News also produces FOX News Sunday on FOX Broadcasting Company and FOX News Edge. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched news channel in the country for more than 16 years. According to a 2018 Research Intelligencer study by Brand Keys, FOX News ranks as the second most trusted television brand in the country while a Suffolk University/USA Today survey states that FOX News is the most trusted source for television news or commentary in the country. FNC is available in 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape while routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.