Makeup Artist/ Hairstylist, D.C. Bureau
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 12/18/2019 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Makeup Artist/ Hairstylist, D.C. Bureau jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Makeup Artist/ Hairstylist, D.C. Bureau postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Makeup Artist/ Hairstylist, D.C. Bureau?
As a Makeup Artist and Hairstylist for Fox News, you know how to ready a person for their close-up! Your skills in makeup artistry and hair styling guarantee that you can make anyone feel confident in their own skin. You will be a member of a team of artists responsible for preparing Fox News anchors, reporters and guests to appear on national television. This role will require a high level of proficiency in makeup artistry and hair styling for both men and women, as well as the ability to understand and work in the rapidly changing environment of cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
• Makeup application in a manner appropriate for television for both men and women; often this has to be accomplished very quickly with a high level of skill, especially for women
• Hairstyling in a manner appropriate for television. This too has to be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller set, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hair style for women
• Provide excellent customer service for Fox News anchors, reporters and guests who are visiting Fox News by always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor.
• Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve problems by proposing solutions.
• Be a dedicated teammate at all times. Jump in to help others who are readying guests for air. Be a good steward of the hair and makeup room by sharing in this responsibility with your other colleagues
• Keep the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy and free of clutter and identify products that need to be replenished to management so that supplies are well stocked
• Understand that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years of experience working in the field of television makeup and hair
• Demonstrated ability of makeup and hair for both men and women
• A high personal standard of excellence that leads you to being meticulous and careful in your work
• A warm, positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a very professional manner as a representative of Fox News Channel when greeting and looking after guests appearing on air
• Promptness and dependability
• Candidates must be flexible with their schedule as shifts change frequently depending on breaking news
Please attach a resume to be considered, applications without resumes will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.