Junior Financial Analyst
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
Full Time Job
We are looking for a results-oriented and detail-driven Junior Financial Analyst to join our largest news bureau in Washington DC. As the Junior Financial Analyst, you will manage cost budgets across a number of departments. You will manage day to day financial requests as well as manage month end close processing and variance analysis. You will be expected to run your assigned departments as if they were each a small business. We strive to create a close relationship between our financial and operational teams in order to work together to achieve our goals.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with budgeting and forecasting of expenses
• Run performance reports for the month end analysis booking journal entries
• Create reports and reconciling expense accounts as needed
• Handle day to day requests that require financial approval
• Work with operating divisions to manage costs
• Perform some accounts payable duties such as reviewing and reconciling invoices, coding documents to G/L accounts, processing expense reports, and other duties as assigned
• Various administrative responsibilities and other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
• Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• A team player mentality and detail oriented nature
• Ability to work independently as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
Fox News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service dedicated to delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. A top five cable network, FNC has been the most-watched news channel in the country for more than 14 years and according to a Suffolk University/USA Today poll, is the most trusted television news source in the country. Owned by 21st Century Fox, FNC is available in more than 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.