Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau
Fox News ChannelWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 1/17/2020 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Desk Assistant, D.C. Bureau? JOB DESCRIPTION
We are looking for a Freelance Desk Assistant to join our Assignment Desk team in the DC Bureau. As a Freelance Desk Assistant you will work on the Assignment Desk as an assistant to the Assignment Editor in coordinating coverage, moving crews, answering phones, reaching out to agencies for information and reacting to breaking News in a fast paced 24-hour News environment. You work with our production team and editors to search VIZ and Ardome to find and match appropriate video to live television scripts. You are a curious individual that is hungry to learn, willing to ask questions and works daily to build your skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Assignment Editor is dispatching crews and keeping track of guest requests and crew movements
• Field calls from those inside the company and outside the company assisting in tracking information
• Monitor News and reach out to appropriate authorities to attempt to confirm breaking News information
• Work alongside the Assignment Editor in monitoring developing news stories
• Assist in logging DC news events with an emphasis on highlighting new developments
• Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for news developments
• Reach out to agencies, government departments and fox personnel to gather and confirm information
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree and experience in a local or national newsroom.
• Knowledge of the DC area a plus
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics.
• Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies.
• A self-starter attitude who can work independently, as well as a team player
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Familiarity with iNews and Outlook a plus This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.