Copy Editor, Digital
Fox News ChannelNew York, NY
Copy Editor, Fox Business Digital
We are looking for an experienced Freelance Copy Editor to be a part of a groundbreaking online news-team for FoxBusiness.com. As a Copy Editor, you have a proven track record of turning content in a 24/7 breaking news environment with keen editorial judgement. The Copy Editor will handle line and copy edits across FoxBusiness.com's content, including breaking business news and features.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review all FoxBusiness.com content, reviewing text, images, videos and embedded content.
• Editing stories for content, accuracy, story flow and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation – all under very tight deadlines.
• Working with staff and freelance writers to sharpen leads, often with heavy line-editing, as well as fact-checking
• Writing compelling, SEO-friendly headlines; crafting concise, accurate captions
• Skilled at turning sharp, fast stories, headlines and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations
• Work seamlessly with reporters, photographers, video producers to produce consistently excellent and compelling content
• Deftly deal with the challenges of content management systems
• Ensuring content is written and presented with clarity and common sense
• Multitask on tight deadlines in high pressure environment
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's or equivalent degree
• At least five years' proven experience in a daily breaking news environment, preferably for a digital media operation
• Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
• Ability to work under tight deadlines without compromising editorial standards
• Expert with AP style
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays or shift changes required
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.